I’m always on the go, so I need a snack that can go with me. This granola is my favorite, it can be a snack on its own, you can add this to your yogurt, eat it as cereal, or make it into a granola bar.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 8 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups dried sweetened pineapple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Stir together oats, coconut, and macadamia nuts
- Combine brown sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the syrup and stir. Pour over the oats and mix until well incorporated
- Spread the oat mixture on the cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove granola from the oven, and add chopped pineapple.