There’s nothing better then a classic vanilla cupcake. I recently purchased this honey jar. It’s currently on our counter top so I’ve been inspired to use honey in more recipes. The vanilla with honey cream cheese frosting is the perfect way to update a vanilla cupcake.
- 1 2/3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup (200g) sugar
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 3/4 Cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 3 Egg whites
- 3 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- 1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- In bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue to mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix in honey.
- If desired add a few drops of yellow food coloring to slightly tint the icing.
- Place the icing in a piping bag or cookie/icing gun
- Add frosting to cupcake and enjoy!
Icing recipe from The Cake Blog